Monday, August 15, 2011

How Amazing!

Life has been great and my baby is great as well. As promised, I am attaching the ultrasound from my last post (I know I am a little late):


Aww, cute little teddy bear!
 Since I am 35, I am considered high risk so I have been sent to a high risk doctor  that checks for genetic disorders. Some people may feel this is an inconvenience, but I do not. I feel blessed to be able to see my baby so often. Everyone has been so nice, they explained everything we went through my entire family history. But it did feel VERY weird not to be able to go into great detail about the other half of my baby. However, I took it in stride and they were very understanding and supportive.

My sister that lives in Baltimore happened to be in town so she was able to attend the appointment with me, which was very nice. My mom also came. It was a great visit. My baby looked great, they took a lot of measurements and there were no signs of trouble. They also took blood, so that will tell a little further if anything is going on. OMG my baby put on a reallll show. She was flipping over, turning her back to us, and turning toward us. Me, my mom and sister were all in tears looking at how active she was being. I was saying, that is "MY BABY", wow still sooo amazing! I was very shocked at how much she was moving around, like we were bothering her.. LOL.

I have 2 appointments in September one with my OB and another with the high risk doctor. At the high risk doctor I will have a level 2 ultrasound were I will be able to find out the sex. I am so amazed at how fast things are moving, but so overwhelmed with joy!  My brother wants to hear the heartbeat so he said he is going to come in town for my 1st appt in Sept. I am probably going to be crying again.. LOL So emotional.

I really have to admit, I am still afraid something may happen. As much as I have seen and as healthy as the doctors say my baby is, I am still completely frightened about miscarriage. I know I shouldn't be and i don't outwardly show it, but the thought is always there. I guess it is normal, I don't know.

I know I have not been as active on my blog, so please forgive me. But when I get home from work I want to rest. Been very tired. But I will try to do better! 


My baby waving at me!!!
 How amazing is that! God is good, just look at this baby growing!

To my Future Child: Always be sweet and caring to others. It will take you a long way in life!

4 comments:

  1. So cute - I love how excited your family is, lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!!!

    I would think your worry is completely normal. I'm hoping to make it through the next few days to the other side of the 2WW and I'm shifting from certainty and amazing happiness to worry and sheer terror... Am worried people might diagnose me - in their heads - as bipolar ;)

    So very exciting to see your precious girl! (I understand your wishful thinking)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!!!

    Yes I have to have wishful thinking.. My mother is against me.. LOL

    Good luck Mer on your 2WW, I hope all goes well! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ultrasound!! Your little one is so blessed to have a mommy & family that can't wait to meet him or her... congratulations & I look forward to checking back for progress. I can only imagine how you worry but it seems like you're under excellent care... besides, when you give your worries to God you've done all you can! I'll keep you in my prayers, enjoy your pregnancy :-)

    ReplyDelete