Sunday, January 15, 2012

Getting CLOSER! 34 Weeks!

I have been completely missing in action.  I am so enjoying my pregnancy, and keeping busy getting ready for my little girl.  I find it hard to do much of anything else, besides work, sleep, nursery, and enjoying my last few weeks of pregnancy. I have been busy, touring hospital, picking pediatrician, and at the doc twice a week.  So not much time for much else.

I love going in her nursery, it is not completely done, but it makes my heart warm when I walk in there. I took maternity pictures yesterday and they were so nice.  I cried like a baby when I looked over them all.  I am so grateful to be in this position that it is overwhelming.

I am starting to get very nervous about labor and delivery. I have no idea what to expect for me.  I have never had an IV, never stayed in the hospital, none of that. So all the unknowns have me going a little stir crazy.  Everyone says do not worry, but they are not the one that has to get this baby out... LOL. I know this is probably crazy, but I think I want a c-section.  I know it is surgery, but I have to be induced anyway, so what live through patocin if I don't have to. I am being induced a week early, don't know the date yet, because of my history of hypertension. Although my blood pressure has been fabulous this entire pregnancy.  I think because of my weight issues and history of high blood pressure, everyone thought i would have a hard pregnancy, but it has been seamless.  No issues thus far and I am almost there.  I know anything can happen at this point, but I am so happy with how things have been.

My little girl is so active, I have to go to the doctor twice a week for fetal non-stress test and she is always moving all around like she knows they need to hear her heart.  Her movements make me smile, so I have no problem with it, however, it took 2 nurses to get her heartbeat the first time I went :-). Man I am so in love with this baby girl. 

My baby shower is on the 28th and I am very happy I get to see everyone.  But it has been one big deal to get everything together.  Even though I am not "planning" I am involved and I will be glad when it is over.

I do miss blogging, but I tell you my life right now is so full it falls to the bottom.  Please forgive me. I am so happy for the others, who blogs I follow, that are having their little ones soon.  I wish them many blessings and well wishes of a smooth delivery.

I have a friend MW, I mentioned last time I posted, well she is taking the plunge for real. I am completely excited for her.  She so deserves this happiness.  She has selected her donor and is about to get into full swing.  We used the same sperm bank, so she said we are "sperm bank sisters".  How cute is that?

I tell you once you take life by the horns it can surely be an awesome adventure.  And I am loving every minute of it!!!

3 comments:

  1. 34 weeks? I can't believe it!

    And take it from me - c-sections SUCK! I did 14-16 hours of labor with pitocin without and epidural, and I would do it all over again if it meant I could avoid a c-section next time. Really. My lower abdomen still hurts and it was 8 months ago.

    Please post some nursery picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo with you about the fear. I, too, have the same exact fear. My only surgery to date has been wisdom teeth removal. The orthodontist told me it took forever for me to wake up. I can't say what I want, vagina or c-section, so I will let Junior decide. LOL. I DO NOT like pain. So, I intend on getting whatever eases my pain during this process. Junior is also very active. I believe he and Kendall got together and planned to be this active!

    Your baby shower was beautiful and full of love. I pray I have the same turn out. I am sad you will not be attending, but I understand as you will be nursing Kendall. We don't have much longer to go in this process, but the journey with my pregger buddy has been wonderful!

    Kisha S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kisha... It has been wonderful and I am still sending prayers for you as you have for me...

    Your shower will be awesome as well. I will be there in spirit!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete