Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day one... The Beginning of a Lifetime Change...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.. That is so cliche, but I really feel that way today. 

Disclaimer to all my men folk that follow, I will be talking about some icky women stuff, so be prepared.. LOL

Well today I started my cycle which means today is the day I officially start the process of trying to have a baby.  I know there are chances that this will not take the first time or second or third, but you have to start somewhere.  And today is that day for me.

I have about 14 days before I am actually inseminated, but it is getting close and I am nervous and excited all at the same time.  I have to take my meds have ultrasounds, etc. but it is getting closer.

One things I keep praying about is the my support systems stays in tact as the process. One relationship I am worried the most about is my "male friend". I spoke of him in my very first post we will call him CD. He has been very supportive of me and my decision, but I am concerned that he is going to back off as I get into the thick of things.  And in all honesty, I need everyone I have in my life right now.  I need them to be there to see me through this.  It is hard enough dealing with all the emotions and stress, I don't want to deal with losing a good friendship.  I already feel I am losing one of my supporters, which is hard so losing another one will be harder. I hope my friendship with CD is strong enough to get him through this. He said he will be there, and I believe it as he is there when I need him, but this is something completely different for everyone I know so I have my concerns. I never needed anyone as much as I need people right now.   So pray for me everyone, that those who say they will be there really are because I cannot do this alone! It is very hard for me to rely on people, but going through this process has shown me a side of myself that I never knew existed. I always have been super independent and always there to pick up the pieces for those I care for, but now I need them and I sure pray they are there for me.

So if you are one of those people, you all know who you are, THANK YOU in advance for all you have done and will do in the future for me and my child.  Whether it is accompanying me to a doc visit, listening to me complain, listening to my doubts, etc. And I also say SORRY in advance for and future mood changes that may come with going through this process :-).   Love you all!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to you this cycle! I hope everything goes perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGGGG!!! I guess we should go out for drinks now, huh? Let me know. - Tinisia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!!! Yeah we have about 14 days to get our schedules coordinated...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! You're embarking on an amazing adventure - and I bet you'll end up being surprised at the support you're going to get, not always from who you expect, but that's all part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete