Tuesday, May 3, 2011

HSG.... WTF!!!!!

OMGGGEEEEEEEEEEE, I had to have my HSG test done yesterday. Can you say hated it!!!!

Ok, I know all of my non Choice Moms are wondering what in the hell is that.. LOL..
HSG stands for Hysterosalpingogram, LOL yes all that.. This is an x-ray procedure performed to determine whether the Fallopian tubes are open and to see if the shape of the uterine cavity is normal.  It includes speculum, catheter, vagina, and uterus.. UGHHHHHHHHHH

In order to check, they place a catheter in your uterus and inject dye/iodine.  Lord help me, it was not too bad at first but my damn uterus was moving and he couldn't get the catheter in.. SOOOO he had to clamp my uterus down, I thought I was about to fall off the table.  That mess was hurting so bad, bought tears to my eyes.. then came the catheter and oh myyyyyy. Well I survived.. LOL

BUT the best part is,  both my fallopian tubes and uterus are normal from the initial pictures :-D.. YEAHHHHHH!!!

The doctor kept saying you are in a great mood, so I kept my tude in check. I left with great news, but horrible pain. So thanks to one of my great friends she took me and bought me home, stayed with me for a while until I started snoring.  I had pain for a while even throughout today, but am sooo happy to know I am one step closer to my goal of becoming a Mommy!

I have my next appointment next week with my doc to get next steps and full results.  So standby!!! :-)

Until next time.. Thanks for being my outlet on this crazy journey of emotions...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, mine was awful, too! I hate all those women who say it wasn't a big deal at all. My cervix wouldn't let the catheter through, so they ended up having to use a balloon to open it up. Ouch.

    It's just preparing us for childbirth - if we can survive a painful HSG, we can survive labor and delivery, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon...
    LOL... My mother said the same thing, that test is just getting you prepared for labor and delivery.

    I had the ballon too.. What is up with that?!?!?! All I can say, I am glad it is over!!! I have been reading your blog and blessings on a SMOOTH and healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete