Saturday, June 4, 2011

IUI #1...

Today was my very first IUI, and I now enter the dreaded 2 week wait (2ww).

My IUI was not as seamless as I had hoped.  My cervix is high and the nurse couldn't find it, sooooo we had to go through several speculum until we got to the BIG one and she was able to find it.  Man that thing was painful.  Thank goodness for my cell phone, because I was texting the entire time. Then once she located the cervix she was not able to get the catheter in.  So we had to call the doctor to the rescue. So as I lay there with the BIG A** speculum still in, the 5 mins the doctor took to come in felt like an hour.. LOL. He got it in and I was injected with 6689 in no time.

Not really sure how I feel, I am very excited and not looking forward to waiting 2 weeks to take a test. But I am going to be a good girl!.

I did have my trusty support system, my mom, sister, and my great friend DM came (DM surprised me :-) and CD was here at my home cutting my grass and doing some "man things". My mom was able to come into the room with me. The sweetest part is when they called my name to go back the receptionist and other in the waiting room started to clap. I did not do anything special today (no special socks or outfit), just got showered, dressed and went to my morning appt.  I think I was much more reserved and calm then I ever expected to be during such an important day.

My family is so excited and have already started talking about a baby shower. I have had a lot of cramping today, but I am just happy that God could be percolating a little baby inside me as I type.  How cool is that?!?!?!

I got the best call from my brother today, he was emotional and that of course made me emotional.  But the bottom line, he is super happy for me and he even called me his "hero and he was proud to call me his sister". How wonderful is that. Today has been a great day, I am faithful that one day soon, whether it is this IUI or the next that I will get my dream of a baby.

I hope me and my little one start to grow together really soon. I am so happy to say, that today has really been a good day! YEAH, no bells and whistles, just another blessed Saturday. I just hope a baby was made in the process. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first IUI! Sorry to hear that it was a bit difficult. I've had trouble with mine, too, and it's unpleasant, to say the least.

    Your family sounds absolutely wonderful. You're going to have one very lucky baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I am not the only one who experienced a difficult IUI, it was no walk in the park. I thought maybe my body was just weird.. :-0

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete