Monday, June 20, 2011

WOWWWW .. Beta #1

When I walked into the doctor's office today, all the ladies at the front desk looked at me and just smiled, as if they knew. One of the ladies, I have gotten friendly with says "where is your cheering section, they are a hoot". LOL I figured I could handle this appointment on my own, so it was just me.

So as I wait, this MARRIED man is getting a little too friendly with me.  After he tells me his wife sent him there (which I assumed was to give a specimen). Really guy, Hello was enough but all this conversation is NOT cool. But I was nice and entertained his conversation for a very short while.

I go to the back and before sitting I told the lady, it is very hard to get blood from me. So she immediately got another nurse.  Thank God, cause I cannot handle all the probing.  So while I wait for the nurse to come, I see a familiar face. OMG it was the lady who used to groom my dog.  She just kind of fell off the face of the earth, but there she was.  I was so excited, we hugged.  She told me she was burnt out and had to give it up (my dog's haircuts have not been the same since she groomed him). We chatted for a while, she asked why was I there, I said to have a baby. She said ME TOO. So she gave me her number, I will have to call her to share stories and to hopefully get Chico a good cut (she said she does groom a few from home).

So the nurse comes and of course the first stick did not take.  She had to go to the other arm.. YEAH! She said, whoever gives you your IV when you go into labor needs to be sent up for Sainthood, LOL. They said see ya, and we will call in a few hours.

They called at 11:08am and I AM REALLY PREGNANT! She said my Beta is 209 and my progesterone was 26, whatever that means.  All I know is I am really pregnant! She said the number were great! I have to go back on Wednesday for a repeat test and then 2 weeks after an ultrasound.

OH HAPPY DAY!  P.S. Still in shock!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a great number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember going into get my first beta. There was a couple going for their first consult. I told them my good news and I hope it brought them some good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! and welcome to the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. And what a great time to do so. Congratulations! That's a great 1st number.

    And like Abby said, welcome to the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I think I posted my first comment with my other account. This one is my blogging one. Blame my Tuesday brain. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! Very excited!

    Welcome Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete